Suggest treatment for herniated disc in neck and lumbar region?

Posted on Wed, 19 Mar 2014 in General Health
Question: Hi I'm XXXX and I received a response from Dr XXXXXXX thank you sir, I saw my neurosurgeon and he went over my mri but didn't seem very concerned I'm 37 and am 312 pounds and 5"7 the original report said my c6 nerve root but none of the others however my neurosurgeon recommended physical therapy and pain management for three months before he would consider surgery. I also have three herniated disc in my neck and in my lumbar region L-5 through S-1 what would be your recommendations continue with physical therapy and pain management or get a second opinion from a different neurosurgeon? He supposed to be the best in Tulsa , Oklahoma where I reside. Your expertise on this matter would be greatly appreciated. I also have congenital cervical spinal stenosis c3-c5 and lhermittes sign. I also have broad based annular apostrophes 7 mm spinal cervical stenosis and nucleus leakage in my lumber l-5-s-1 I'm in great pain most of the time burning and tingling sensations through my back neck shoulders and arms numbness in my crotch area and extreme decrease in sexual function I can no longer achieve an orgasm please any help would be greatly appreciated I've had two mri report done one says I have spinal cord pressure one says I do not going to get a second opinion on Tuesday morning . Thank you so much,XXXX
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 39 hours later
Brief Answer: You can continue the current advice. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for getting back. I have noted your symptoms, MRI findings and your neurosurgeon's advice. I agree with his advice and you can continue with current pain medications and physical therapy. There is no need to consult another neurosurgeon at this stage for second opinion. I hope my reply has helped you. I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, For DIRECT QUERY to me: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar My blog: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.com/
Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist