Suggest treatment for hernia

Dr. Suma Parinam

Posted on Mon, 7 May 2018 in Lump
Question: I have had a hernia for a few years, but of late it has protruded more, there has been increasing discomfort, and on occasion there has been a little pain. I have an appointment with my surgeon eight days from now, but is this something I should have looked at, perhaps at an emergency room, before that time?Thank you. I will hang up and wait for your answer via email. I am about to go to bed, so there is no immediate need to have an answer. I'll check my email tomorrow morning. Good night. xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
What type of hernia

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir,
What type of hernia do you have? where is it?
There is no immediate need to visit ER. Hernia the definitive care is by surgery and emergency surgery is not common. So you can seek surgeon consult in 8 days try to prepone it if possible in case of any last minute cancellations at his end.
However I suggest you to watch out for following symptoms or signs that indicate complications that arise out of it.
Unable to pass stool or gas, extreme pain in the stomach, Redness over the area of the hernia.
Hope this answers your question.