Suggest treatment for hernia after child birth
my wife has a baby seven months ago via c-section delivery. last 4 days she feel mild pain in the stitching area frequently. may I know the reason for pain? . she is 21 years old.
Hernia in the scar can be the reason.
Thank you for the query.
Pain in the c-section scar can be a sign of small hernia. It is possible especially if she lifts heavy objects or have had cough recently. However in some cases hernia appears for no reason.
There might be a small lump visible in the scar, but it is not always present.
The best she can do do right now is to have an ultrasound of the scar to rule out hernia.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Hernia can be treated with surgery.
I do not think IUD is the case. So this is not the reason. To rule out the problem ultrasound has to be done. If there is a hernia, another surgery (much smaller than c-section) should be done indeed.Brief Answer:
No medication for that.
If its hernia, than there is no medication for it. Hernia is a kind of hole in the abdominal wall. It can be closed only mechanically with stitches.
You can not blame c-section surgery.
We can not say that the c-section was not done well. Sometimes you can stitch the wound as good as it is possible and still hernia appears. Its because every person has individual way of wound healing and individual tissues strength.
So c-section surgery most likely was done correctly.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for umbilical hernia
- Suggest treatment for pain from hernia
- Suggest treatment for infection caused after a hernia surgery
- Suggest treatment for pain and constipation after a hernia repair
- Suggest treatment for reccuring hernia
- Drinking beer after hiatal hernia treatment
- Suggest treatment for recurring hernia
- Suggest treatment for hernia and belly fat
- Suggest treatment for right side bulged inguinal hernia
- Hernia hiv treatment
- Nausea and hunger after eating, waking up at night hungry, urge to...
- Pain inside anus during bowel movement. Is Xyloproct or preparation H...
- Bad odor in belly button, red substance inside, oozing pus
- Pain in front of arm and at wrist under thumb, swelling and throbbing....
- Chest tightness when walking, upper back discomfort, heartburn, no...
- Lump in chest, painful, have pain in ribs and lower back
- Done hernia repair in belly button, have cramp on right side,...
- Frostbite wound on chest from blister freezer. Itching and peeling off....
- Vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, blood in urine. What do I do?
- Is triple action viriliy purchase thru new vitality safe?