Suggest treatment for hepatitis-C
Please Specify genotype and latest viral load
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
The new treatment regimens for Hepatitis C including sofosbuvir and simeprivir , based on the genotype, have an excellent cure rate as compared to the older interferon, ribavirin combination treatments. The cure rate depends on the genotype in question and treatment experience. The side effects are also minimal with the new drugs.
Kindly answer the following to guide you further.
Please specify what your latest viral load on quantitative PCR ?
Have you had your HCV genotype done, if so what genotype of HCV are you infected with ?
Wishing you best of health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Acute hepatitis c treatment
- Interferon treatment hepatitis c
- Hepatitis c treatment
- Drug for hepatitis c treatment
- Hepatitis c causes and treatment
- Post hepatitis c treatment
- Hepatitis c vasculitis treatment
- Hepatitis c treatment in ayurveda
- Hepatitis c pegasys treatment
- Suggest treatment for hepatitis c and crohns disease