Suggest treatment for hepatitis B

Posted on Tue, 23 Dec 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: i have reported hepatitis b positive during my my left knee surgery on 08.10.2014. i haves sent the reports As per Gastroenterologist. what is the stage and is it curable?
Answered by Dr. Divakara 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It's in initial stage.

Detailed Answer:
HI

Welcome to Healthcaremagic.

Well your ANTI HEPATITIS B ENVELOPE ANTIGEN is positive , it means your body is fighting against the virus and helping you to become non-infectious.

Your HEPATITIS B ENVELOPE ANTIGEN is negative which again means you are non infectious.

Based on these two reports it can be interpreted that it is initial stages of infection.

Now coming to the treatment all Hepatits B positive patient's need not be treated . Treatment has to be initiated only if it is documented that the Virus is actively multiplying in the body and it is causing injury to the liver.

Hope this information was useful to you.

Any clarifications feel free to ask .

Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Divakara 8 hours later
sir Is there vaccine available to prevent me and for my family members
Answered by Dr. Divakara 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Test your family members first.

Detailed Answer:
HI

Thanks for the follow up .

You have already been infected , no vaccine can be given now for Hepatitis B. But yes your family members can be given Hepatitis B vaccination , it's a 3 dose course given over 6 months .

But before vaccination first get them tested whether they have already got the infection from you or not .

Any clarifications feel free to ask .

Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Divakara 43 hours later
sir i have another TEST REPORT as
TEST DESCRIPTION RESULTS (IU/ML)
HEPATATIS B VIRUS,DNA(QUANTITATIVE) 110

LOG10 VALUE 2.04

sir is this report normal?
Answered by Dr. Divakara 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not normal.

Detailed Answer:
HI

Normally HBV DNA is not found in the blood . So it is normal that you have been detected HBV DNA in your blood .

But the presence of HBV DNA doesn't mean you need to be started on medications .

I advise you to repeat this test after 6 months and if the log 10 value is 5 or more then medications has to be started .

Also get Serum Alkaline Phosphatase test done and revert back with the report.
Dr. Divakara