Suggest treatment for hepatitis B and C infection

Dr. Klarida Papaqako

Posted on Thu, 4 May 2017 in General Health
Question: Thank you. Is there a cure for hepatitis B and C? And what is the cure or closest thing to a cure for HIV if I were to test positive
Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
No final cure, but there are treatments that keep them under control

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the follow-up question.

The 3 infections you have mentioned are viral infections. So basically there is no final cure to irradiate the infection completely from the body.

Hep B can remain all your life in the body, but rarely becomes chronic and if not then won't give any symptoms.
Hep C generally becomes chronic, it would damage the liver gradually and cause failure or cancer.
HIV, like the others, will stay in the body and cause gradual damage. But people may live a normal life, for almost 20 years if they take medications regularly.

I read your past queries. You don't need to worry before time,because even if you have had a lot of sexual encounters recently, that doesn't mean that you are infected. Just make sure to go get checked for ruling out STI-s and do the lab tests after one month and 6 months too (if you won't have anymore sexual encounters meanwhile)

Hope this is helpful and reassuring.
Feel free to let me know if you have more clarifications.

Dr.Papaqako
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Klarida Papaqako 14 hours later
Thank you for answering. In your last paragraph where you basically telling me not to worry? Because I could use that right now.
Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes, but make sure to get tested

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,

Yes, do not worry, but take it seriously the check up of ruling out all those possible infections and also use protection while having intercourse.

Let me know if you have other questions or concerns.

Dr.Papaqako
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T