Suggest treatment for hemorrhoids

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Pimple like skin growth near anus opening ... Painfull when touched .. earlier itching was also there but got controlled after use of luliclin ointment . Sometime it give stabbing like pain while sitting or walking.no problem in bowel movement or any other physical activity like running zyming . Pls suggest further course of action
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hemorrhoids most likely.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Dear,
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query.

I've gone through your details and I appreciate your concerns.

Most likely you are having hemorrhoids, which are inflamed veins in the anus or rectum.

I would suggest you plan a visit to a general surgeon and get a proctoscopy and digital examination of rectum done to rule out hemorrhoids as a cause of the problem.

Rx
Use Preperation H an over the counter ointment once daily before going to bed.
Use Calcium dobesilate tablet twice daily for 21 days followed by once daily for 3 months.
Rate of cure is almost 70%.

Management-
Chew food slowly which helps in digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Take small and frequent meals.
Dinner should be light and 2 hour before retiring to bed.
Morning walk for 35 minutes daily
Meditation and exercise daily for 30 minutes without strain.
No smoking, no alcohol no tobacco
Non oily, non spicy and processed food is to be avoided.

Get a proctoscopic examination done initially.

Regards!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad