question-icon

Suggest treatment for hemorrhoids

Posted on Tue, 28 Feb 2017
Question: hi, my brother aged 33 is suffering from piles. it is somewhat more worsen as it bleeds some times. please advice.
Answered by Dr. Kampana (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Consult a general surgeon.

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns. He can try conservative treatment by including a fiber rich diet (bananas, spinach, yogurt, buttermilk, plenty of fruits, vegetables, cereals and water). He can take Syrup Dulcolax 10ml every night after food for a week to soften stools. He can do sitz bath that is sitting in a tub of XXXXXXX warm water for 15 mins in the morning and evening.

If the symptoms worsens it is best to meet a general surgeon for further examination and treatment. Usually in severe cases surgery is the best treatment.

I hope this answered your query.

With regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Kampana