question-icon

Suggest treatment for hemorrhoids

Posted on Wed, 11 May 2016
Question: HIi doctor I m suffering for piles No blood only pain and a lump ideally 2cm Also three small pimples like stuff on external wall Please guide
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
You probably need stapling or surgery

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

With your description first we need to stage the hemorrhoids (piles) after doing anoscopy(a procedure to look into the deeper parts of anus) and judge the extent and degree of piles.
As per your description they are long standing, big and many. These are thrombosed veins which might cause pain frequently because of blood lodging and chance to get infected from the bacteria in the stool.
I suggest you to meet a General surgeon for the anoscopy / per rectal evaluation and decide on the best treatment. Please do not delay as it can affect your quality of life.

Hope this is convincing to reach to one.
Dr. V. N. S. Parinam