Suggest treatment for hemorrhoids

Posted on Fri, 1 Aug 2014 in Lump
Question: Hi, I have been somewhat consitipated, have been taking miralax and some ducolax whithout much succes, I have some bowel movement but not much, the bigger problem is a lump that started in my buttock adjacent to my anus and has grown all the way up the crack of my butt, it's quite painful, and I have occasional chills and nausea (mostly in the am), my question is how serious is this and should I go to the emergency room or wait to see a Doctor on Monday? Deb
Answered by Dr. Behar Greca 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Infected hemorrhoids...

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thank you for posting.

I have gone through your query and I understand your concerns.

Your symptoms are suggestive of infected hemorrhoids. Chills show that hemorrhoids are infected and that this case is serious.

To my patients I recommend following these guidelines in order to relieve symptoms:
1. Do not eat spicy and acidic foods.
2. Do not drink alcoholic and carbonated drinks, coffee and milk.
3. Eat foods that contain fiber.

I also recommend going to Emergency Room because this case is serious and there you will get the right treatment.

Contact your proctologist to discuss about the treatment.

Ask me for anything unclear.

All the best.
Dr. Behar.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Answered by
Dr. Behar Greca

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :1992

Answered : 621 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

188 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction