Suggest treatment for hematoma in arm
My arm looks like this after a blood test this morning. Can I put ice on it?
Hi and welcome
This is just minor subcutaneous hematoma which is common after blood tests and it will pull back in short time,for several days. to facilitate this you can put ice on it or heparin gel which can be found at pharmacy. If this become tender and painful then it may indicate thrombophlebitis and you should see doctor, but this rarely happens. Wish you good health. Regards
This is expected within first few days. if pain and tenderness progress and redness worsnes or fever occur then it may indicate thrombophlebitis but considering this photo i dont think this is anything seriouss
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lip hematoma treatment
- What treatment do you suggest for symptoms of hematoma
- Forehead hematoma treatment
- Hematoma on arm treatment
- Sciatica treatment from hematoma
- Hematoma treatment for diabetic
- Hematoma leg diabetic treatment
- Hematoma ayurveda treatment
- Hematoma penile shaft treatment
- Treatment of hematoma at the vulva
- Undergone subtotal coloctomy. Found fluctuating hemoglobin level. On...
- Frequent stomach ache, shaky hands and dizziness. How to overcome this...
- Sore feet with burning and tingling sensation. How to overcome this...
- Diagnosed with internal hernia. What treatment should be done for cure?
- Diagnosed with peptic ulcer and severe stomach inflammation. Looking for...
- Not active sexually. What is the reason for missed period?
- Feeling weakness and tingling in arm. Is this a sign of any serious...
- Started spotting after period. No itching, burning or foul smell. Sign...
- Cryoablation done for prostate cancer. Noticed swollen penis testicles...
- Having pain in shoulder. What is causing this and required treatment?