Suggest treatment for hematoma due to soft tissue injury

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hi
in july my horse rolled on me and my saddle horn hit my shin bone...have had Xray nothing is broke. .I have a big bump about 2 in X2 in. ..and is painful. .???
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hematoma due to soft tissue injury

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HCM.
I have gone through your query, as you have mentioned that there no fracture. So it appears to be hematoma, which is collection of blood, is a result of soft tissue injury.

I would suggest you take ibuprofen tablet to address pain. Initially for first two days apply ice followed by hot fomentation. I would advise you to take rest and avoid movement of the limb.

If there is increase in the intensity of pain or increase in swelling, I would suggest you to see a doctor for further help.

Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj