Suggest treatment for heavy metal poisoning
Answer detailed below
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Heavy metal poisoning especially lead occurs when metals build up in the body, often over a period of months or years. The best way is to prevent /avoid heavy metal contamination.The first step in treating all degrees of lead poisoning is to remove the source of the contamination. If you can't remove lead from your environment, you may at least be able to reduce the likelihood that it will cause problems. Also Its local health department job mainly to identify and reduce lead in homes and community.
For children and adults with relatively low lead levels, simply avoiding exposure to lead may be enough to reduce blood lead levels.
Treating higher levels
For more-severe cases, would recommend:
1. Chelation therapy. In this treatment, you take a medication that binds with the lead so that it's excreted in your urine.
2. EDTA therapy. We treat adults with lead levels greater than 45 mcg/dL of blood with one or more of three drugs, most commonly a chemical called ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA). Depending on lead level, you may need more than one treatment.
Do let me know know for any additional information.
Dr. T. Shobha Deepak
Is EDTA therapy natural? Does it have died effects or risks. I've been reading about a natural product called zetalight, what are your thoughts on this product please.
Kindly let me know the reason
Chelation therapy or any therapy is only indicated either when there are signs and symptoms of lead toxicity or blood levels are elevated.
It would be helpful if you could let me know why are you concerned about lead toxicity.
Awaiting your response.
Dr T Shobha Deepak
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for metal poisoning cases
- Systemic metallic poisoning causes
- Heavy metal poisoning affecting the nervous system
- What causes heavy metals poisoning
- Treatment and cure for metal poisoning
- Metal poisoning causes
- Treatment and cure for systemic metallic poisoning
- Heavy metal poisoning and type of doctors
- What do you suggest for heavy metal poisoning
- Metal poisoning cases causes