Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for heavy bleeding during menopause

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 3163 Questions
Hi, This question is related to my mom and wanted few clarification. She is 49 and for initial (It append in July 2013) 4 months did not had her periods but after that when she had it resulted in very excessive loss of blood and Biopsy was conducted and report showed as "cystic glandular hyperplasia with progesterone and induced stromal". With Endometrium thickness of 18mm. D & C was conducted and she again did not had her periods for 6 more months after D & C. (Last month)Now she had her periods and again resulted in Loss of excessive blood. When a scanning was done Endometrium thickness was 10mm so doctor suggested her to take "Regulate" and told her that these are menopause symptoms (Its been a month since she started taking the medicine). Again she had her periods 3 days back and resulted in excessive bleeding. If she takes medicine it comes under control. We are little worried Need help and second opinion on this Regards XXXX
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: peri-menopause Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Your mother is indeed in the peri-menopausal age group. It is commonly seen during this time, the kind of heavy bleeding your mother is experiencing. Now, the bleeding will be irregular for a year or two, before it stops completely and she achieves menopause. Medicine will regulate the bleeding but since she is taking hormonal medicine, bleeding willl resume if she stops taking it. My suggestion would be to take Tab Pause 500mg thrice a day during heavy bleeding. Take this during the bleeding and stop if the bleeding stops. Try this for a few days. This isnt a hormone medicine and will only control the bleeding. If it doesnt control the bleeding, she can revert back to progestrone/regestrone but it has to be taken cyclically. Cycles may be irregular for several months before complete cessation. The last option, of course, would be surgery/ablation.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor