question-icon

Suggest treatment for heat boil on eye lid

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015
Question: yesterday I found heat boil down to eye lid, kindly suggest some medicines
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Hot fomentation & Antibiotics

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
This boil needs hot fomentation for 5 minutes twice a day.

Traditional drug of choice for lid margin infections is Doxycycline 100 mg.twice a day for 4 to 5 days. Please remember that this is a prescription medication and you will need a prescription before you can take a medication like this from the pharmacist.

If there is much pain and swelling then ibuprofen paracetamol combination can be had twice a day.
This is available in the market in the name of combiflam or flexon tablets.

Any further query in this regard please do get back to me.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist