Suggest treatment for heart palpitations
No it is not the cause
This is Dr Sameer, cardiologist.
Increased heart rate & palpitations can have a lot of causes.
It can be normal sinus tachycardia(exaggerated action of normal conduction system of heart) due to anxiety or stress or it could be abnormal supra ventricular tachycardia(arrhythmias which come from some extra conducting system of heart other than normal system)
The bp medication you are taking (Lisinopril) has no effect on heart rate & missing it will not cause increased heart rate.
Heart rate of above 140 is generally not sinus tachycardia & should be evaluated.
For the diagnosis, you need to do ECG at the time of palpitation & tachycardia. If the duration of palpitations or tachycardia are short enough to reach a nearby hospital, we put a 24hr ECG monitoring (Holter Monitor). You also need to do a 2D Echo & thyroid function test to see for any associated abnormality if any.
Also keep taking your bp medication (lisinopril) so that the bp remains in control.
If you have any more question, I'll be happy to help.
Thanks & take care
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Rashes on back heart palpitations causes and treatment for symptoms
- First aid treatment of heart palpitations
- Heart palpitations ayurvedic treatment
- Treatment for heart palpitations women
- Suggest treatment for heart palpitations
- Suggest treatment for soft stool and heart palpitations
- What is the cause and treatment for heart palpitations
- Anxiety heart palpitations treatment
- Heart palpitations urge to cough suggestion
- Is tikosyn used in the treatment of heart palpitations ?
- Is Xarelto advisable before knee surgery?
- What causes increased heart rate and headaches?
- What causes headache, dizziness and chest discomfort while having...
- What causes sudden drop in heart rate while on Bystolic?
- What causes pain in the right side of the chest?
- What does the following TMT report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for chest pain
- What do recurrent episodes of dizziness and headaches indicate?
- What does this ultrasound report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for mild chest pain when diagnosed with AFib