Suggest treatment for headaches, neck and shoulder pain and high BP
You can try more safer alternatives for your high BP management.
Thank you for asking on HCM!
I understand your concern, and would like to explain you that, as you are having those disturbing side effects, I recommend to stop immediately Losartan, and try another more safe profiled alternative.
From the other part, Losartan as well as Irbesartan are highly metabolized by CYP450 pathway, and this is another reason why you shouldn't use them.
You can use instead one of the following Valsartan, Eprosartan, Candesartan that are not metabolized by CYP450 system.
Hydrochlorothiazide has no significant interaction with the cytochrome P450 system, so you can safely continue its use.
Bisoprolol is partially metabolized by the liver, so you can continue using it very cautiously.
You can discuss with your doctor about these topics, and decide another more safe alternative to Losartan.
Hope to have been helpful to you.
If you have any additional uncertainties, feel free to ask me whenever you need.
Greetings! Dr. Iliri
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest natural treatment for high bp
- Is neck pain stiffness headache dizziness due to high bp
- Treatment and cure for high bp
- High bp treatment
- Suggest treatment for high bp accompanied by headaches
- What is the treatment for high bp
- Suggest treatment for high bp
- Suggest ayurvedic treatment for high bp with stomach infection
- Suggest treatment for cough when on high bp medication
- Fever headache high bp blood uine test done suggest treatment