Suggest treatment for headaches, dizziness and loss of balance

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: got hit almost 2yrs.ago by a car that hit me on my scooter, I get head acks , dizziness, can't stand for more
than a few seconds and my both legs go backward that I have to keep holding on because I have no balance. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Needs neurological review and CT or MRI brain or spine

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to health care magic! Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all, it is sad to know what you had gone through.

Based on the history you have shared it can be a sequalae of the trauma you had encountered so it needs to be evaluated by a neurologist after a detailed neurological examination and a fresh brain imaging may also be needed including both brain and spinal cord to look for any signs of cord compression or neurological damage to the areas which control the balance and aid in coordination of movements. Meanwhile using supplements of vitamin B12, D3 and folic acid may be started.

Blood sugars and thyroid functions should be monitored alongwith detailed metabolic profile having electroytes etc. Treatment should be based on, once the cause is known, however to start with physiotherapy and rehabilitation excercises may be started.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your query, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Regards. .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj