Suggest treatment for headaches, chills, nausea and diarrhea
Its Bacterial Infection of Gut.
Greetings from Dr.Divakara.P
Thanks for posting your query.
Well the persistence of Diarrhoea could be due to two reasons.
1. Bacterial Infection of Gut : Most of the viral infections will subside by 3-4 days so I think what you could be having is a bacterial infection of the gut which requires a course of Antibiotic.
2. Antibiotic induced Diarrhoea : Due to 2 back to back course of Amoxicillin you might have got Antibiotic induced Diarrhoea, paradoxically the treatment for this is also Antibiotic but only few selected ones .
So we need to differentiate between the above two . I would recommend you to get Stool routine test , Stool Culture sensitivity test and Stool for C.difficile toxin test done and revert back .
You can ask for a prescription of Cap redotil ( this is not antibiotic ) and use it . Make sure you drink plenty of water and fruit juices . Avoid dairy products and non veg.
Hope this information was useful to you.
Any clarification feel free to ask .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Yellow diarrhea/ headache/ chills/ shaking/ bloated stomach/ nausea
- Colonoscopy fever chills nausea diarrhea
- Chills headache body ache diarrhea
- Fever chills headache diarrhea what is it
- Third trimester chills nausea diarrhea
- Stomach pain diarrhea nausea chills
- Diarrhea nausea and chills
- Diarrhea, nausea, headache chills sees black spots
- Fever aches chills headache diarrhea
- Fever chills diarrhea nausea headaches watery eyes sore throat