• question-icon

Suggest treatment for headaches and sore throat after oral sex

Posted on Wed, 9 Aug 2017 in General Health
Question: Madam,2 weeks back my girlfriend gave me an oral sex, but there was no ejaculation. the next morning she developed headaches which continued for a week with fever and sore throat. the local doctor here prescribed her with paracetamol and cefixime 200mg tablets. after which her health condition was good, sore throat was gone and also fever was gone. now in the second week my girlfrnd had a pimple like thing below her lower lip. any chances of std ??
I did not involve with any girl in the past and my girlfriend also did not involve with anyone in the past.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not related to STD.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The fever and sore throat can happen due to oral sex but that subsided well with antibiotics.
The pimple that has appeared below the lower lip is not related to the oral sex. I have seen the attached image. This can be due to a blocked skin gland that will gradually subside on its own. No need to worry.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 13 days later
Respected Madam,
After u answered my question on 6th July I am very much relieved from tension. I was bit worried at that time.

but headache continued many days for my girlfriend.. don't know why ? And now day before yesterday we kissed each other. nothing else was there.
From yesterday onward again throat pain started for her. and at night headache was there and vomittings happened ? anything serious doctor ??
is anything related to STD or STI in her case ?? Is this because of the oral sex we had ??
what could possibly be the problem ??
i started to worry very much.. please help doctor
Brief Answer:
Not related to STD or oral sex.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear.
Thanks for writing again.

The headache that she had is not related to oral sex or STD. This can be due to stress, anxiety, weak eye sight and several other reasons. Increasing the fluid intake and few relaxation exercises like Yoga can help.

The throat pain and vomiting can be related to gastritis or a recurrence of a throat infection. Infection of tonsils also needs to be ruled out after a throat examination.

Do consult a physician and get her examined for this.

Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later
last month when I posted my question, that time her parents took her to a doctor. The doctor is a B.A.M.S, PG Dy. Don't know whether he is qualified doctor or not. He gave the following medications
1. cefixime 200mg
2. Zincold
3. Nexpro RD 40
4. Nimulid MD (Nimesulide flavoured disperable tablets)
5. Pantop as Injection
I attached the prescription also Madam.
The doctor also said her eyes were very dry and gave her drops.
Today she is having the same symptoms as last time i.e., cough, throat pain, headache and fever. kindly help Madam
Brief Answer:
Can be a throat infection.

Detailed Answer:
She needs to consult an MBBS doctor at least for a throat examination. Gastritis can also cause such symptoms. The medicines prescribed are correct and should provide her relief. Avoid hot and spicy food for prolonged relief.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN