Suggest treatment for headaches and dizziness along with stress

Dr. Michelle Gibson James

Posted on Fri, 30 Jan 2015 in Headache and Migraines
Question: 4 days ago I had a fall and hit my temple and head . Since I have had relentless pressure headach , slight dizzyness and slight blur in my eyes that comes and goes. I visited a doctor who gave , me a physical examination and said my eyes and ears showed no signof bleeding, but today I have srill felt unwell feeling of fullness in the head puffy eyes and legs unsteadty. Iv had a lot of stress the last week but am very concerned, I have heard u can have bleeding in the brain days or weeks after .
May I ask your opinion ,
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
if remain concerned should seek second opinion

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Since the symptoms are ongoing, it is understandable to be concerned but it can sometimes take time for all the symptoms to resolve.

It is true that bleeding can occur days after an injury but this is more likely in elderly persons or persons on anti coagulant medications (medications to prevent clotting).
This is known as subacute subdural hematoma or epidural hematoma.

The symptoms are severe headache, nausea, vomiting, seizures, decreased consciousness, abnormal gait, memory loss, problems with speech, problems with thinking.

There are certain criteria that are used to determine if anyone needs a CT scan after a head injury: seizure, signs of a basal skull fracture (reason checked ears and eyes), fracture of other aspect of skull, more than one episode of vomiting
Your doctor would have examined you to determine if any of these criteria are present to see if a CT scan is present.

If you remain concerned about your symptoms despite the normal examination then you should seek a second opinion.
The other option would be to wait an additional 12 to 24 hours to see if there is any change.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Follow up: Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
Thank you for your advice, i was just wondering if this was the case with a subdural if symtoms would come on suddenly or be ongoing as such in my case. As I explained the squeezing feeling in my head blurred ision from time to time neck stiffness. My temple is sore but no bruising. Amany thanks
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
normal progressively worsen

Detailed Answer:
HI

In most cases of the symptoms would be ongoing and would become progressively worse.

Normally the headache would be severe.

In terms of the stiffness, I would hope or expect that this would have this would have been assessed by your doctor. Neck stiffness is most commonly associated with meningitis though it can be seen in other brain lesions.
Neck stiffness can also occurs in other types of headaches such as tension headaches. This type of headache is characterized by both shoulder and neck stiffness.

The blurred vision is concerning, if no visual defect was found when you were seen then you can consider having it reassessed if it continues.

If anything else unclear, please feel free to ask
If I still feel unwell tommorrow I shall asked to be seen again . Although I I have had two opinions now and it does not appear to be characterized to bleeding on the brain, and maybe as I have felt so unwell it did initially alarm me momentarily.
Earache, burnig ear, slight headache, pressure headach , slight high bp, neck slightly stiff, blurry eyes, puffy eyes, swollen temple, slight, dizziness, are all alarming but seem to not co inside to subdural hemaoma . Am I correct in thinking this ? With kind reguards
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you are correct

Detailed Answer:
HI

Yes, you are correct that the symptoms do not necessarily indicate that there is any bleed to the brain.
You can continue to monitor

You can feel free to contact if there are any other queries