Suggest treatment for headache

Question
Hi my wife is having headache since 3-4 days in the right side of head till neck . please provide me advice .. along with the medications.

Thanks.
Posted Mon, 1 Sep 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
migraine like symptoms

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mr. XXXXXXX thanks for trusting health care magic.
The pain description is typically coherent with migraine headache especially if it is also associated with nausea.
Best medicine for her is ibuprofen to be taken thrice a day and she should have rest which is even more important than medicine.
She should take meals on time and avoid skipping meals.
Also avoid very bright light or loud music which can trigger headache again.
In case it doesn't subside in next two days then visit a physician for proper examination like blood pressure and throat examination hypertension and sinusitis are other common causes for such a headache.
All the best.