Suggest treatment for headache while having sinus infection

Dr. Ralph Chambers

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I get bad sinus headaches above my right eye. I have been inhaling atomized water into my sinuses to clear them and to get rid of the headaches. It works well but I get water in my Eustachian Tubes and it decreases my hearing and I try to clear them by moving my jaw without much success. How can I fully clear the tubes so I can hear better & get rid of the bubbles in my ears?
Answered by Dr. Ralph Chambers 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hello. I understand the problem here and it isn't too serious

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
First off, you may have a sinus infection that needs a course of antibiotics, so you should have a doctor check it out.

Secondly, you're experiencing what's called Eustachian tube dysfunction where the tube connecting your middle ear to your nasopharynx has become swollen and clogged. Usually, with stopping the nasal irrigation, this will resolve, but, if not, you'll need a Medrol DosePak--a tapering dose of oral steroids--to remedy it.

Please let me know if you need any more information
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad