Suggest treatment for headache, memory loss and high BP

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Brain and Spine
Question: I have been having bad headaches,memory loss, short term, and high blood pressure fore past 3 weeks also have slep apnea and two days ago had home sleep study where test showed multiple awakenings and ox level of 80%.Ten days ago was admitted to hospital with colitis c-dip from antibiotic clindamycin which may have caused condition during five days at hospital was denied my meds of oxycodone 160 mg tid,norvasc,gabapentin,elevil,norvasc,resperahl,c onidine,fenofibrate and ropinrole.Also 250mg vencomycin 4 times daily connot sleep for more than 5 hours nite past 3 weeks,waiting on new cpap with ox hookup.Is my heart or brain in danger also have chest pain in mornings and nights.Should I check my oxygen levels at night and purchase ox meter.Is it safe to wait two weeks for another machine with ox for 2 weeks concerned
also from fall at work laminectomy L5S1 bad scaring from marsa post laminectomy osteo scaring still in pain 24/7
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
May be better to start cpap as soon as possible

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query.

I have noted your medical details and treatment advised.

I agree that it would be better to start CPAP as early as possible to prevent any risk to brain or heart. However, I would like to point out that this risk is very minor. If the cost is not prohibitive, you may purchase your own machine. Otherwise, you can wait for two weeks.

I hope my reply has helped you.

I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX
For DIRECT QUERY to me: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My blog: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.com/

Follow up: Dr. Sudhir Kumar 6 hours later
also 70I noticed all my muscle mass seems to be shrinking daily especialy legs and arms lost 70 pounds last 4 months due to stress with wife and kids and not eating temp 103.2 Is it possible intestine infection effected lower back marsa infection.The osteomyalitus and marsa took 6 months to get under control in lower back after laminectomy.Should you be tested again after a treatment of antibiotics for c dif to make sure its gone also its not possible for this infection to get into my blood streem is it?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
It may be good to get tested again.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for getting back and providing more information.

The weight loss can be explained on the basis of infection and stress.

Infection most likely would have got controlled with antibiotics, however, it may be good to get tested again to make sure it has gone.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir XXXXXXX MD DM (Neurology)