Suggest treatment for headache, double vision and disorientation

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Wed, 31 Aug 2016 in Brain and Spine
Question: Headaches, blurredvision, double vision , confusion, disorientation are the symtoms.I forgot that my previous headaches were called cluster headaches and the general practitioner gave me a prescription for Norco for the pain, my current doctor immediately took me off of the Norco (this happened yesterday)
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need to do a brain scan

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query.

I am Dr Sudhir Kumar, Neurologist and would try my best to help you.

I have noted your symptoms and they require further evaluation to confirm the diagnosis.

Symptoms such as double vision, confusion and disorientation are not seen in cluster headache, so, that is not the diagnosis in your case. Same is the case with migraine too, as double vision is not common with migraine.

I would like to do a brain MRI to exclude any disease in brainstem (midbrain or pons). For pain relief, ibuprofen or diclofenac tablets may be taken.

I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.

Wishing you good health,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in