Suggest treatment for headache, chills and severe sore throat

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have a bout of influenza for the past three days. Started with severe sore throat on left side, swollen gland. Next day, acute headache, chills, sweating and leg pain. Yesterday morning my GP took a blood test and swap of my mouth:36% out of 50%, hence no bacteria infection. However, I had more chills and loss of appetite and intense headache. Temp is 37.1C which is high for me, considering it is normally 35.8. i never have a temperature.
This evening I started to experience whooshing sounds in my head/ears. This is the reason I am writing, as it is very worrying.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
All this will subside eventually!

Detailed Answer:

These symptoms are all related to the influenza. Just continue with Ipren and Panodil; these would control symptoms and allow for complete healing eventually. After that, all will return to normal.

I wish you a speedy recovery and sorry for your illness.

Feel free to ask further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee