Suggest treatment for headache and vertigo

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Thu, 12 Oct 2017 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: hi my mother 56 years of age was diagnosed with swine flu 9 days back and since then she was hospitalized and was under treatment of swine flu. yesterday she was discharged based on CT scan (enclosing) . she was advised medicines for a week (enclosed) . since morning she is feeling headache and vertigo and not feel like eating or able to walk properly. what could be reason and what you advise now.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This is mostly due to generalized weakness after viral infection.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
I have gone through the reports you have attached.
Her recent CT scan is suggestive of resolution of viral pneumonia.
Her medicines are appropriate for the disease.
Her current symptoms are mostly due to weakness and malaise seen post viral infection.
She is also having old age (56 years) so post viral weakness will be more.
Tell her to drink plenty of fluids orally and keep maintain good hydration. Take all medications timely. Tamiflu can cause vertigo and decreased oral intake as side effects.
Don't worry, she will be alright.
Please let me know if she is diabetic or not.
I will be happy to help you further. Wishing good health to your mother. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj