Suggest treatment for headache and stiff neck post head injury

Dr. Vidya KR

Posted on Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Head Injuries
Question: I was punched in the head almost a week ago. On that day, I had blurry vision, disturbed hearing (everything sounded muffled), a headache and a stiff neck. Today my vision and hearing have returned to normal but I still have headaches, a stiff neck and I'm dizzy sometimes. I did not lose consciousness or have any vomiting. How long can I expect these symptoms to last?
Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Get evaluated

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I went through your query and understood your concerns.

With history if trauma to head, better to rule out any bleed with in brain, which is not always associated with loss of consciousness and vomiting.

I would prefer to get examined by physician and CT or MRI of brain and neck done to rule out any fractures and collected blood.

Persistent dizzy and neck stiffness could be due to bleeding with in brain. It's better to prevent further damage by getting diagnosed in a early stage and treatment.

Hope I answered your query. Feel free to ask further related query.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D