Suggest treatment for head cold, lightheaded feeling and slightly blurred vision

Cardiologist
Question
I have a head cold; I have an artificial heart valve I feel slightly lightheaded and occasional slight blurred vision
Thu, 24 May 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

I understand your concern and would explain that your symptoms could be related to possible TIA (transient ischemic attacks).

Are you taking any blood thinners?

Coming to this point, I would recommend consulting with your attending physician for a careful physical exam and performing some tests:

- a cardiac ultrasound
- an ambulatory 24-48 hours ECG monitoring to examine for possible cardiac arrhythmia
- a Doppler ultrasound of the carotid arteries to examine for possible atherosclerotic plaques
- blood electrolytes
- complete blood count for anemia.

You should discuss with your doctor on the above issues.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri