Suggest treatment for head and chest congestion, head pressure and back pain

Excellent

Question
I have been feeling bad here lately. I am very congested in my chest and head. I have been having almost constant pain in my head with pressure (feels like my brain is swollen or something), severe neck and back pain and discomfort. I have been coughing up thick darker color mucus. what is the possible reasons for this
Tue, 29 May 2018 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Seems like upper respiratory tract infection complicated by sinusitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, it seems like an acute attack of upper respiratory tract infection complicated by sinusitis and may need detailed throat and chest examination alongwith X-ray PNS and Xray chest. Sputum cultures can also be sent alongwith gram staining.

Meanwhile using OTC analgesics like acetaminophen or Ibuprofen can help with headaches and stuffiness, but expectorant syrups containing ammonium chloride or N acetyl cystine can be of help alongwith anti histamines like cetrizine or loratidine.

If symptoms persist antibiotics like coamoxiclav or azithromycin may need to be started. Steam inhalations and saline water gargles may be helpful. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Hope this has answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards.