Suggest treatment for having a splash of glutaraldehyde onto right eye

Excellent

Ophthalmologist
Question
Last Thursday i splashed about 3cc of gluteraldehyde on my right eye. i flushed about 5-10 minutes at the eye wash area, 20 cc of saline water. went to an ophthalmologist said I should be fine and just to do dry eye drops. today I woke up with an irritated eye. can this cause pink eye or is it really just irritated and should I start antibiotics?
Posted Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You need to start antibiotic eye drops.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to Health care magic.

I am Dr. DADAPEER K, an ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye.

It seems from the history that you had a splash of glutaraldehyde onto right eye. You had flushed it with saline and using artificial tears eye drops.

The presence of pink eye indicates presence of infection. You need to use antibiotic eye drops for treatment for the same.

Along with artificial tears eye drops you need to use antibiotic eye drops to prevent/ treat infection of the eye.

Hope I have answered your question and the information is helpful to you.

Thank you
With regards