Suggest treatment for hard lump on clavicle

Question
Suddenly developed a hard lump on my left clavicle where it meets the sternum. It actually feels like part of the bone itself - immobile and hard. I am 54, about five foot 10, 180 pounds. Have been doing a lot of exercising in the last few months - push ups, dumbells.
Posted Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Relaxed, get it checked at your convenience!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this lump that you discovered. The description of this lump and the absence of any pain symptoms make me think it is really nothing to worry about at this time. It is probably a bony prominence that has become more visible to you at this point. This is not located at a point where lymph nodes are commonly found that may make me suspect that it could represent a swollen lymph node and its possible implications.

I know nothing would set your mind at ease without an objective clinical assessment and maybe a basic xray to rule out any other condition. There is no emergency and do this when you find the time to at your pace and total convenience.

I hope that this helps. I wish you well and thank you so much for using our services. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.