Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

172 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for hallucinations, stress and vomiting

Answered by
Dr. Srikanth Reddy


Practicing since :2007

Answered : 2770 Questions

Posted on Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Anxiety and Stress
Question: I have hallucinations. Seeing people that are not there. I feel stressed. Do not get enough sleep. Work from 4pm til Midnight. Go to sleep at 4am get up at about 10am Always tired. Vomiting also.
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Needs to be evaluated

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

Visual hallucinations are not a common finding in various psychiatric disorder and suggest the possibility of an organic cause. This condition needs to be evaluated in detail. A CT scan or MRI scan of the brain is warranted in this case. The other possibility is that there is chronic sleep deprivation and this can also lead to visual hallucinations. However this should subside with one-two nights of good sleep say on weekends or holidays. However if they are still persisting then as I said before this need to be evaluated with the imaging of the brain. The third possibility is that of substance or medicine abuse which can also lead to this symptom. You have not mentioned anything about that and I assume that there is no such issue.
Get a neurology consultation and get the tests done.
If everything comes normal then probably antipsychotics like olanzapine or quetiapine can help.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Follow up: Dr. Srikanth Reddy 12 hours later

In order to get enough sleep to have any suggestions of a sleeping medication that could be taken when needed. My work schedule is horrific and the weekends are difficult to live and sleep normal hours. These bad schedules have been going on for 6 years. Maybe if I took a sleeping pill once a week and had a really long sleep ( or a few nights a week) I could feel more normal. I am tired all the time. Are there any you could suggest. I had heard of tradazone, but maybe you could suggest a few names. Should I just go to a normal Doctor at this point.Sorry one more question. What does organic mean
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Organic means something neurological n the brain

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the follow-up. Psychiatric illnesses like depression , anxiety and psychosis are all functional where as neurological illnesses such as stroke, meningioma or vascular lesions are all organic. In short they are due to some bodily process.
Regarding sleep I would suggest following steps for a good sleep:
1) Have some aerobic workouts during day preferably in the morning.
2) Have a light dinner.
3) Completely avoid coffee/tea/alcohol/energy drinks/coke/smoking.
4) Have a warm water bath before going to sleep.
5) Dont try very hard to go to sleep. If you are not sleepy then sit on a couch or sofa and do some reading and go to the bed only when you are sleepy.
6) Avoid watching tv or working on laptop/computer or bright screens at night.
7) Keep the lighting of your bedroom dim and make your bed every morning after you wake up so that you get a cozy bed to sleep at night.
8) Use your bedroom only for sleeping and resting and do not do any other work there.
9) Avoid afternoon nap for any reason.
Further if at all you need to use any sleep medications, best would be to use Zolpidem at 5 mg or 10 mg. The other good options are clonazepam or alprazolam. All of them will be available only with a prescription of a local doctor (even a normal doctor should do).
Hope this helps,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Drug/Medication ,  
Lab Tests ,  

Recent questions on  Ct scan

doctor1 MD

I am experiencing a partial vision loss - probably a TIA - what will happen when I go to the emergency room?? YYYY@YYYY

doctor1 MD

My father undergone Electrical cardioversion treatment due to having severe Atrial Fibrilation (AF). Needless to say the treatment did not work after 4 attempts and they have prescribed him various medications to control the rate of the heart. We...

doctor1 MD

I got real dizzy and kinda lost tempory balance and experienced double vision but only for 30 seconds, twice yesterday. I am in good health at 78 years old and very active. eat healthy, Take a staten and low dose blood pressure and lots of vits daily

doctor1 MD

Sir, My right side floating rib hits somewhere and I am having pain while moving side to side when I sleep. Feels like the rib is hitting some organs or the muscles where may be some inflammation. I have taken X-ray , gone through CT-Scan and Lever test and as per the direction of a hospital but they could not find out anything wrong. I am 53 year old.