Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for hair loss

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1563 Questions
I am undergoing through a lot of hair loss which is uncommon at my stage .Its genetic but usually it happens after 30-35 years . Can there be any solution to this .
Posted Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
See a dermatologist

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query.

Genetic hair loss begins in the 20s and 30s. For this condition, medicines that are prescribed can affect the male hormones. The usual medicines prescribed are minoxidil and finasteride. These are both available for oral consumption. Minoxidil is also available as lotion, in which case it may not affect the hormones. The affect may be lost when you discontinue the medicine.

If you are sure that it is genetic, then minoxidil 5% lotion to be applied at the bald area will be helpful. Biotin tablets are also recommended.

These medicines are to be taken under supervision of a dermatologist. Thus I will recommend that you see a dermatologist.

Dr Vaishalee

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor