Suggest treatment for hair loss in men

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014
Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
Suggest any hairloss treatment.
Mon, 28 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Regarding hair loss.

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.

Hair loss in males is most commonly due to Androgenetic Alopecia, also known as male pattern hair loss. It is characterized by gradually progressive hair loss and hair thinning mainly from the frontal scalp as well as from the mid scalp and vertex part. There is also associated recession of anterior hair line in androgenetic alopecia which takes an M-shape appearance manifesting as a broad forehead. Predisposition to hair thinning in androgenetic alopecia is genetic and is influenced by dihydrotestosterone which is derived from testosterone i.e is male hormone dependent.
Minoxidil 5% solution and oral finasteride are US FDA approved remedies for androgenetic alopecia in males. Treatment of androgenetic alopecia is long term and the goal of treatment is to arrest further progression.
I request you to kindly let me know whether your hair loss is similar to androgenetic alopecia?
Is there a family history?
I also request you to kindly upload a few images of the scalp in "Reports Section" that depict the pattern and severity of your problem

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for hair loss in men 19 minutes later
Yes sir. It must be because of androgenetic alopecia. There's no hair issues in my family. Everybody has got good and thick hair.
As you can see the images showing my forehead is getting broader day by day.

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Minoxidil 5 %solution and oral finasteride.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you. I have reviewed the images.

Yes. You seem to have androgenetic alopecia.

I suggest you use Minoxidil 5% solution, 1ml, twice daily. In addition, I suggest you take tab. Finasteride 1mg, once daily.

These are prescription medications and I request you to kindly talk to your local practitioner for a prescription of the same.