Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for hair loss due to androgenetic alopecia

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 2015 Questions
I am having hereditary hairfall problem. My hairs are thin and frequent hairfall. Kindly suggest to stop the hair fall and to grow back the hairs.
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 3 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thanks for writing to us. You seem to be suffering from androgenetic alopecia or male pattern baldness. If the baldness is at initial stages, it can be treated by application of minoxidil solution 5 percent 1ml twice daily over scalp along with oral finesteride 1mg daily. Usually four to six months are required to see response. If alopecia is at advanced stage, hair transplant might be required. I would be able to help you more, if you could let me know Since how long you are having hair fall Area and extent of involvement Medicines taken so far If possible upload an image of tour scalp depicting area of hair loss. Hoping to hear from you soon. Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor