Suggest Treatment For Hair Loss And Dandruff
Remedy for dandruff and hair fall
Hello. Thank you for writing to us.
I am Dr. Kakkar (Dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.
Dandruff is a common cause of scalp itching and increased hair shedding.
I suggest you to use a ketoconazole and salicylic acid based shampoo e.g either Phytoral - SP shampoo Or Trigaine - AD shampoo (contains ketoconazole, piroctone olamine and salicylic acid). Lather it well onto wet scalp and allow it to act for 5-7 minutes before rinsing it off. Use every alternate days.
In addition to the shampoo you may use a topical steroid lotion once every night/ overnight for 2 weeks e.g either mometasone furoate 0.1% (Elocon lotion ) Or clobetasol propionate 0.05% lotion ( Topsor lotion or Topinate lotion).
These are prescription medications and you may use them as suggested and then follow up.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Msm increase facial hair
- How to remove sticky build up from hair
- Ways to cut shave wax pub hair
- Low testorne causes grey hair
- When taking biotin how long befor seeing results with hair
- Constantly tired thirsty losing hair
- Dark brown discharge and losing hair
- Pulling my scrotum hair
- Does spreading semen on your face help facial hair
- Different shapes of chest hair