question-icon

Suggest Treatment For Hair Loss And Dandruff

Posted on Wed, 25 Oct 2017
Question: I am facing dandruff and hair loss issue for last few months
Answered by Dr. Dr. Kakkar (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Remedy for dandruff and hair fall

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us.

I am Dr. Kakkar (Dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.

Dandruff is a common cause of scalp itching and increased hair shedding.

I suggest you to use a ketoconazole and salicylic acid based shampoo e.g either Phytoral - SP shampoo Or Trigaine - AD shampoo (contains ketoconazole, piroctone olamine and salicylic acid). Lather it well onto wet scalp and allow it to act for 5-7 minutes before rinsing it off. Use every alternate days.

In addition to the shampoo you may use a topical steroid lotion once every night/ overnight for 2 weeks e.g either mometasone furoate 0.1% (Elocon lotion ) Or clobetasol propionate 0.05% lotion ( Topsor lotion or Topinate lotion).

These are prescription medications and you may use them as suggested and then follow up.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist