Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for hair fall

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 773 Questions
I have recently shifted to a new home. the water available is hard water. its rich in some minerals or salts. it makes the skin very rough and dry. it leaves white traces on walls and floors. I m having increased hair fall and the hair is very rough and damaged. what can I do to stop hair fall and reduce damage. I m 27 year old married female. since it was winter I could not apply curd coz I have allergy to fog climate
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: detail follows Detailed Answer: Hello dear, Welcome to Healthcaremagic. I am Dr. Charu. I have read your query and understood your concern. Change of place and change of weather can lead to excess hair fall in some people. But besides this other causes should also be ruled out. For this i will like to advice some blood tests like hemoglobin levels, serum ferritin levels, thyroid profile. I usually advice my patients to take tablets or capsules containing minerals like calcium pantothenate, selenium, zinc in adequate amounts. These are available in market with various names like Xtin forte, folihair, vighan CP. These tablets are adviced to continue for atleast 3 months. For hair wash, use any mild shampoo. You may use any conditioner post hair wash. Take lots of green vegetables and fruits in diet. Also take plenty of water. These interventions will reduce your fall to some extent for sure. I hope i am able to solve your query. If you have further query, you may ask me. Thanx
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor