Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for hair fall

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1919 Questions
Hi Sir, I am facing hair fall problem and feeling very less density on my hair. Now i am using grossberry and lemon juice on my hair to prevent hair fall is it fine. or should i do something else. Thanks XXXX
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: HAIR FALL Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to healthcare magic, Can you upload a picture of your scalp so that I can assess and guide you better.You have a feature to upload the images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your query better. You can also send the image as attachment to YYYY@YYYY , with the subject as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for hair fall 6 days later
I have uploaded my scalp photographs
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 2 hours later
Brief Answer: You have male pattern baldness Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Welcome back. Thanks for the photograph. You are having hair loss mainly from the vertex and frontal scalp and less over the sides and back of scalp. This is a patterned hair fall seen in Male pattern baldness. There are US FDA approved treatments for it like topical minoxidil 5 % solution and Finasteride tablets. These are prescription medicines. Vitamin supplements like Biotin and calcium pantothenate along with minerals daily for 3 months will also help. One thing you should realize is this hair loss is in your genes. Whatever treatment you will be on will halt the process. Once treatment is stopped genes will take over. So we need to maintain the treatment on a long term. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any clarifications I will be happy to help. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor