Suggest treatment for hair fall

Dr. Hardik Pitroda

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 7 Oct 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: What is the best medicine for hair grawth. My age is 38 male. Front middle area hair is hamaged.
pls. confirm.
Answered by Dr. Hardik Pitroda 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Minoxidilm Dutasteride, PRP

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
Thank you for posting on HCM.

I appreciate your concern regarding hair fall. Hair fall is usually ascribed to multiple factors like diet and nutrition, hormones, stress, cosmetic products etc.

From your description, it seems you might be having Male pattern hair loss or Androgenteic alopecia, which is due to male hormone, testosterone.

If I were your dermatologist/trichologist, i would like to take through history including family history, history of recent major trauma/illness/stress/medications etc, and recommend some basic investigations like CBC,blood sugar, Thyroid function test.

I would suggest you a course of oral tablets containing biotin and other essential vitamins and minerals for minimum 3-6 months.
Also, would put you on solution containing 10% minoxidil once a day and a hair serum containing peptides for hair growth at night.(Q sera etc).

Finateride or its newer congener Dutasteride can be used in selected patients after thorough counselling and checking your liver function. These drugs inhibit metabolism of testosterone at hair root level. These work very well but rarely may cause some side effects like impotency, decrease in semen volume but these side effects are temporary and totally reversible on stopping the drug.

Moreover, recently I am also doing a treatment called Platlet-rich plasma (PRP). Its newer treatment where a PRP prepared from your blood is injected on your affected scalp with insulin syringe.
Since PRP is rich in various growth factors essential for hair growth, it brings good results. It has to be repeated every 15 days for atleast 8 sessions.

I would advise you use of gentle shampoo and conditioner on regular basis and use of coconut oil twice a week.

Avoid combing in wet hair and let them dry by wrapping in towel. Avoid blow dryers and hair-color/dyes. Take plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet and try to de-stress your routine life.

Hope your queries are resolved and if you wish to contact me for any queries you can reach me via the following link:http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-hardik-pitroda/67169

Thank you
Dr Hardik Pitroda