Suggest treatment for hair fall

Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju

Posted on Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Hair Loss
Question: i have a hair fall problem , please suggest how to stop hair fall .
Answered by Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need more details

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX
I can understand your concern.

I would like to ask few more details.
Since when are you having hair fall?
About how many hairs fall a day?
Since when are you taking biotin?
Do you have any recent medical illness?
Have you ever visited a dermatologist?

Kindly get back to me with details I would help you further.
Thank you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju 11 minutes later
i have about 80-100 hair strands loss per day , whenever i wash my hair i see there is lot of hair fall .

I have been using biotee + from last week , i never consulted a dermatologist

No medical illness as such ,

i am facing this hair fall since i travel a lot and i use helmet so is it a reson for the hair fal or my irregular diet is an issue , or stress?? i would want a suggestion how can i reduce hair fall
Answered by Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Advised Minoxidil

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX
Thanks for your information.

About <150 hairs fall per day considered as normal hair fall.
Yes,irregular diet and stress can cause hair fall.
Nutrition is very important.
Avoid oily,spicy,junk,fast food.
Eat healthy vegetables and fruits.Eat protein content food like egg,nuts,fish and sprouts.
Restrict hot beverages like coffee and tea.
Avoid dryness of hair.

If you have dandruff, dandruff causes hair fall. I would suggest you use anti dandruff shampoo.
Continue Biotin 10 mg tablets.Along with I would suggest you topical Minoxidil 5%(Mintop) twice a day for 3 months.It stops hair fall.This is over the counter medication.
At least you have to use this for 3 months to see good results.
If you will not see any better results then I would suggest you visit a dermatologist.

I would also suggest you get blood test to know your hemoglobin and thyroid hormonal levels.

Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any queries I will be happy to help you.
If you do not have any queries you can close the discussion and rate the answer if possible.
Thank you.

Follow up: Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju 13 minutes later
request you to please confirm on dosage of medication

Biotin : 2wice a day ??
what is the other medicine u are suggesting please specify the dosage .
Answered by Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Biotin once a day.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Shruthi.
Thanks for follow up query.

Biotin forte once daily after food for one moth.
Minoxidil(Mintop)5% solution.Apply over the scalp twice daily for 3 months.If you see improvement then continue minoxidil 3 more months.You can easily get this medication in good medical store.
Eat healthy food.

Hope I have answered your query.
Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj