Suggest treatment for hair fall that do not cause any side effects

Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist

Posted on Tue, 27 Oct 2015 in Infertility Problem
Question: Hi,

I have taken finasteride for 3 years for treating hairloss which resulted in adverse sexual sideeffects such as lower libdo, erectyle dysfunction etc. i stopped taking finasteride 2.5 years ago but still the sideeffects are not gone. Recently my testosterone levels showed 169ng/dl( test taken at 5pm). Please suggest me a treatment which will not affect my fertility.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Details required

Detailed Answer:
hi,

I understand your concerns about taking finasteride.

Since you have stopped finasteride 2.5 years back it is unlikely to have anymore effects on your libido.

Following are possible causes for ED:

1) Any stress involving in recent times. Please find if you are stressed due to any reason in recent past. personal, financial, professional, academic etc..

2) I suggest you get blood sugars tested as diabetes is another reason for ED.

Let me know the details for above quey so that I can advice you further.