Suggest treatment for gynecomastia

Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar

Posted on Thu, 25 Aug 2016 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Requesting review and further suggestions on my case

I am 27 years old and am suffering from puffy chest/ gynecomastia mostly as the nipples and the skin there seems bulging out.

I have attached the snaps of my chest, please suggest if this is the case of gynaecomastia.

If it is so i request suggestion to undergo a surgery as i dont feel free. have to wear loose clothes, cant go to swim or beaches.

I have read on website of the doctor near me and checked with yim on mail he says its gynaecomastia just beede fresh review... i am thinking to go with www.vitalclinic.com doc says bloodless surgery and would take  2 hrs something to be performed. Please suggest if i should undergo this surgery and is there some risk of tissue not fully cleared from chest causing returning of this situation or any unevenness or some other risk.

Thanks,
XXXXXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
get it examined by Plastic surgeon

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for query.
I saw the pics. Gynecomastia is common in many individuals. If you are really worried you can go for surgery, but get it done only by a plastic surgeon.
Plastic surgeons can do best job in gynecomastia, as it is a cosmetic surgery.
Before that get a thyroid profile done.
Surgery will not have any side effects or risk factors.

Get back to me if any query.

Dr VSK
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj