Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
135 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for gynecomastia

Answered by
Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2004

Answered : 328 Questions

Posted on Thu, 25 Aug 2016 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Requesting review and further suggestions on my case


I am 27 years old and am suffering from puffy chest/ gynecomastia mostly as the nipples and the skin there seems bulging out.

I have attached the snaps of my chest, please suggest if this is the case of gynaecomastia.

If it is so i request suggestion to undergo a surgery as i dont feel free. have to wear loose clothes, cant go to swim or beaches.

I have read on website of the doctor near me and checked with yim on mail he says its gynaecomastia just beede fresh review... i am thinking to go with doc says bloodless surgery and would take  2 hrs something to be performed. Please suggest if i should undergo this surgery and is there some risk of tissue not fully cleared from chest causing returning of this situation or any unevenness or some other risk.

Answered by Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
get it examined by Plastic surgeon

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for query.
I saw the pics. Gynecomastia is common in many individuals. If you are really worried you can go for surgery, but get it done only by a plastic surgeon.
Plastic surgeons can do best job in gynecomastia, as it is a cosmetic surgery.
Before that get a thyroid profile done.
Surgery will not have any side effects or risk factors.

Get back to me if any query.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Thyroid

doctor1 MD

I am an RN still getting q 6-month echocardiagrams post chemotherapy with Adriamycin and Herceptin (completed these in 1/2008). My echo has always...

doctor1 MD

I am a healthy 42 year old woman. I run every day. I recently experienced uncomfortable episodes that sent me to the ER. With no diagnosis. My...

doctor1 MD

My mom is having swelling all over the body especially on her face, legs and ankles..we got her Kidney function test, Liver function test , Lipid...

doctor1 MD

My daughter when she was very young had a cyst growing on the nob of her hear it became a golf ball and had it removed before she started school....

doctor1 MD

my child is 21 months old and suffeing from constipation from long term. pedistrician told to use some laxatives from 10days as situation got worse...

doctor1 MD

My father undergone Electrical cardioversion treatment due to having severe Atrial Fibrilation (AF). Needless to say the treatment did not work...

doctor1 MD

I'm a 69 year old female and I'm still getting hot flashes. Doctors say it's something like my internal thermostat is not working. Doesn't sound...