Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
180 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for gynecomastia

Answered by
Dr. Deepak S Jois

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2008

Answered : 1107 Questions

Posted on Mon, 16 Mar 2015 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: any cure for gynacomastia
Answered by Dr. Deepak S Jois 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Surgery is the choice if you want cure

Detailed Answer:
Hi, Thanks for asking in healthcaremagic forum
I am Dr Deepak S Jois answering your query

Gynaecomastia is the enlargement of breast tissue in males. It may be physiological or Non-physiological. Physiological causes include enlargement during first few weeks of life and in puberty which is not the case in you. So, Non physiological causes include some drugs, ( ketoconazole, cimetidine, gonadotropin etc), hormonal imbalance due to Renal failure/testicular tumours etc.

So, the cause has to be investigated in you. Treatment involves medical line and surgical line. In medical line it is difficult to get results if gynaecomastia is for more than 2 years. Surgery is the best choice if results are not impressive by medicines.

Hope I have answered your query. Please let me know. All the best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Drug/Medication ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Gonadotropin

doctor1 MD

My 46 year old wife had stage 1A invasive ductal breast cancer (low grade) around 4-5 years ago, and is still currently on daily Tamoxifen . When...

doctor1 MD

Dear Doctor, I just got married 8months back. And my in laws are awaiting for baby and took me for check up. Doctor gave me Siphene tablet to...

doctor1 MD

yes need to find online dr to help wit my endometrisis pain I work 2 jobs and don't have time to go to dr n plus taking care of my 2 kids

doctor1 MD

Dear Dr.

I am Sirajunnisa, 32 years old, married 12 years back, had 2 miss courage before at 2nd and 3rd month of pregnancy. now i am pregnant...

doctor1 MD

I am 25 yr and i am pregnant since 6 week and this is my first conceive and my doctor advised me me to take Ovipure HP-5000(highly purified...

doctor1 MD

i just now came to know that i am pregnant: my report says: single intrauterine pregnancy of 1) chorionic gonadotrophin inj IP 5000 IU(HCG Inj)...