Suggest treatment for gynecomastia

Dr. Deepak S Jois

Posted on Mon, 16 Mar 2015 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: any cure for gynacomastia
Answered by Dr. Deepak S Jois 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Surgery is the choice if you want cure

Detailed Answer:
Hi, Thanks for asking in healthcaremagic forum
I am Dr Deepak S Jois answering your query

Gynaecomastia is the enlargement of breast tissue in males. It may be physiological or Non-physiological. Physiological causes include enlargement during first few weeks of life and in puberty which is not the case in you. So, Non physiological causes include some drugs, ( ketoconazole, cimetidine, gonadotropin etc), hormonal imbalance due to Renal failure/testicular tumours etc.

So, the cause has to be investigated in you. Treatment involves medical line and surgical line. In medical line it is difficult to get results if gynaecomastia is for more than 2 years. Surgery is the best choice if results are not impressive by medicines.

Hope I have answered your query. Please let me know. All the best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E