Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for gynecomastia

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 770 Questions
Want to Know about Gynecomastia. How to Go About its treatment right from Diet Control to Exercise to Medicine and Surgery. I would like to understand How and where to get this treatment done.
Posted Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Needs two step management.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX hi! gynecomastia has two aspects.
1. finding out why it happened!
2. treating it and the underlying problem, if any.

To find out the cause you need a battery of tests.
CBC, LFT, RFT, Cortisol, TSH, FT4, LH, FSH, Estradiol, Testosterone, Prolactin, Usg scrotum, CT adrenals, MRI brain for pituitary with contrast,

breast reduction surgery and then drugs depending upon the reports.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Endocrinologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor