Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for gynecomastia

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1290 Questions

This question pertains to a chronic and quite a private topic to me. I am going through a situation wherein i have excess fat over my chest area since ages. I have tried multiple things so far i.e. to exercise, to gym, to not eat junk food, to do exercise specific to chest areas etc. etc. However, nothing seem to have worked till day.

The problem has only worsened wherein i have reached this age of 26 and i can still not pull of my shirt/ t- shirt due to such a silly issue. As far as my eating habits are concerned, i take a very normal diet, i eat 4 - 5 chappatis in a day and generally NO JUNK food. I still have this issue.

Can i sincerely request you to please recommend a solution that will help me in gaining back my confidence & remove this fluffy area from my body? Can you recommend if i need to go through a surgery or medicines will do? Let me know if you would require me to send few pictures for more reference.

Thanks so much!

Posted Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Beauty & Cosmetics
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
looks like gynecomastia

Detailed Answer:

Welcome again to HealthcareMagic.

As per your history and pictures, you seem to be having bilateral gynecomastia, mostly Grade 3.

And at this size, surgery or liposuction is the only option. Diet and excersise you have already tried, without much help.

Medicine though available, help in early cases only and that too in 20% cases.

So i would suggest that you show to a general surgeon for reduction mammoplasty or a plastic surgeon for liposuction.

Hope i have been helpful.

Dr. Ashish Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for gynecomastia 2 hours later
Hello Sir,

Thanks for a prompt response. Can you please recommend sone suitable hospitals in XXXXXXX Ncr for this and also the overall expense that will encompass end to end procedure i.e from consultation till surgical work done?

Also can you please put some more light on grade 3 gynecomastia and if you can share some links/ articles that i can read through before proceeding further.

Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
see below

Detailed Answer:
XXXXXXX NCR is a vast region. There are so many good surgeons that is very difficult to recommend one or two among them, and also the cost of surgery varies greatly. You can show from any medical college (where it may cost you about Rs. 15000-20000) to a corporate hospital (where it may cost upto Rs. 1 lac or even more, depending upon the room you take). In between fall various private hospitals, where you can get it done in Rs. 30000-50000.

So, in short, you have to go out and do some market research, to find out what suits you best.

And regarding articles on gynecomastia, you just key that word in google search and you will get hundreds of them. But still following are two links that I have put down for you, you may go through them:

Dr. Ashish Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor