Suggest treatment for gynecomastia

General Surgeon
Question

This question pertains to a chronic and quite a private topic to me. I am going through a situation wherein i have excess fat over my chest area since ages. I have tried multiple things so far i.e. to exercise, to gym, to not eat junk food, to do exercise specific to chest areas etc. etc. However, nothing seem to have worked till day.

The problem has only worsened wherein i have reached this age of 26 and i can still not pull of my shirt/ t- shirt due to such a silly issue. As far as my eating habits are concerned, i take a very normal diet, i eat 4 - 5 chappatis in a day and generally NO JUNK food. I still have this issue.

Can i sincerely request you to please recommend a solution that will help me in gaining back my confidence & remove this fluffy area from my body? Can you recommend if i need to go through a surgery or medicines will do? Let me know if you would require me to send few pictures for more reference.

Thanks so much!

Thanks
XXXX
Posted Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Beauty & Cosmetics

Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
looks like gynecomastia

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Welcome again to HealthcareMagic.

As per your history and pictures, you seem to be having bilateral gynecomastia, mostly Grade 3.

And at this size, surgery or liposuction is the only option. Diet and excersise you have already tried, without much help.

Medicine though available, help in early cases only and that too in 20% cases.

So i would suggest that you show to a general surgeon for reduction mammoplasty or a plastic surgeon for liposuction.

Hope i have been helpful.

Dr. Ashish Verma

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for gynecomastia 2 hours later
Hello Sir,

Thanks for a prompt response. Can you please recommend sone suitable hospitals in XXXXXXX Ncr for this and also the overall expense that will encompass end to end procedure i.e from consultation till surgical work done?

Also can you please put some more light on grade 3 gynecomastia and if you can share some links/ articles that i can read through before proceeding further.

thanks

Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
see below

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
XXXXXXX NCR is a vast region. There are so many good surgeons that is very difficult to recommend one or two among them, and also the cost of surgery varies greatly. You can show from any medical college (where it may cost you about Rs. 15000-20000) to a corporate hospital (where it may cost upto Rs. 1 lac or even more, depending upon the room you take). In between fall various private hospitals, where you can get it done in Rs. 30000-50000.

So, in short, you have to go out and do some market research, to find out what suits you best.

And regarding articles on gynecomastia, you just key that word in google search and you will get hundreds of them. But still following are two links that I have put down for you, you may go through them:

http://www.plasticsurgery.org/Documents/medical-professionals/health-policy/evidence-practice/Gynecomastia-PP.pdf

http://www.gynecomastiatreatment.co/grades-and-types-of-gynecomastia/

Dr. Ashish Verma