Suggest treatment for gum infection
need to address the 2 bad teeth FIRST? I
can't eat, only soft foods and after I take the ibuprofen. Please help. Thanks for your time.
Inflamed tissue may change denture fit
I have read your inquiry and am available to assist you.
Any active infections in your mouth can cause inflammation and swelling. This may affect the fit of your denture and cause rubbing resulting in a sore spot not there a couple of days ago. a small adjustment may help. Rinsing warm salt water and a gel with benzocaine may offer some relief.
Do the upper infected teeth seem to be changing your bite? Often with an infection, these teeth can rise due to an inflamed periodontal ligament. Throwing your bite off can cause uneven pressure on the denture and a sore spot.
Amoxicillin is the antibiotic that I commonly prescribe, but please confirm dosage with your dentist. Amtibiotics need to be taken correctly and for the entire course to be effective.
Anti-inflammatory medications will reduce inflammation and help limit discomfort. Tylenol or Motrin are effective. Another choice is the anti-histamine Benadryl.
Proceed with eliminating any infections. X-rays would provide more information. I would be glad to evaluate your condition further. Additional details about the sore area appearance would be helpful. Consider an x-ray of the gum area to check if there is a complication such as a retained root section.
Thank you and I hope my suggestions offer you some relief. You could schedule a visit with an oral surgeon or prothstodontist for a second opinion. A recent panorex x-ray may be beneficial.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Gum infection ampiclox
- Eye infection and gum infection
- Treatment and cure for gum infection
- Ofloxacin ornidazole in gum infection
- Flucloxacillin for tooth gum infection
- Inhalers and gum infections
- Doxycycline gum infection
- Treatment and cure for acute gum infection
- Metrogyl 400 and gum infection
- Suggest treatment for pain due to gum infection
- What causes jaw pain after a root canal?
- What causes shrinkage of gums after teeth removal?
- What causes white skin over right teeth after teeth cleaning?
- Suggest treatment for gum infection
- What causes numbness,aches and tingling in teeth and gums?
- What causes gum recession and loosening of teeth?
- What causes sinus, sneezing and nose draining after infection in gums?
- What causes extreme temperature symptoms with history of hysterectomy?
- Can Snuff usage cause contract pneumonia?
- What do bumps near corner of mouth indicate?