Suggest treatment for growth on right tonsil
There is no cause for worry.
Thank you for your query.
1. There is no cause for worry.
2. The growth on the right tonsil is of the same color of the tonsil and slightly congested. This seems to be a benign lesion, most probably a tag of tonsil tissue, a Tonsillolith or a cyst.
3. Food debris trapped in a tonsillar crypt can cause such a reaction.
4. Since this has a very small area of attachment at the base, removing it with a cautery or coblation will be a simple procedure. It can then be sent for histopath examination.
5. There is no need to rush into an appointment unless it pains or bleeds.
I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any more questions I will be available to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for growth on face
- Suggest treatment for tonsillitis relapse
- Suggest treatment for tonsils and adenoids
- What treatment is suggested for a low lying tonsil
- What treatment is suggested for tonsils
- Suggest treatment for severe tonsillitis
- Suggest treatment for swollen tonsils and lumps on my tongue
- Suggest treatment for chronic tonsillitis
- Suggest treatment for tonsillitis
- Suggest treatment for difficulty in swallowing due to tonsillitis