Suggest treatment for growing spots on shoulders
I have seen these spots on my shoulder which are increasing now a days. can you tell me why are these coming and how can I stop em.
This is pityriasis versicolor: a superficial fungal infection
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
I have reviewed the attached photograph and you are suffering from pityriasis versicolor which is a superficial fungal infection of the skin.
In such cases I recommend my patients to use tablet fluconazole 400 mg single dose and apply terbinafine cream on the affected areas once daily at night. Along with this I suggest them to apply ketoconazole shampoo in the morning, keep the foam on the affected areas for 10 minutes and wash it off. This normally clears the infection in 6-8 weeks.
I hope to have answered your query.
Wish you speedy recovery.
if I ignore that. will that spread?
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for shoulder pain and swelling
- Suggest treatment for shoulder pain
- Suggest treatment for shoulder and neck pain
- Suggest treatment for ocd treatment
- Suggest treatment for broken shoulder bone
- Suggest treatment for frozen shoulder and constipation
- Suggest treatment for swelling on shoulder
- Pain in right shoulder suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for slow growing beard
- Suggest treatment for pain and burning in shoulders