Suggest treatment for growing liver cyst
It's reasonable enough to get evaluated by a General / Mass& GI Surgeon..
Hello XXXX, Welcome to HCM,
I've gone through your query and understand your concern.
Well I really appreciate your initiative . Let me tell you in the first place that you have justified reason to go for another Doctor in this regard.
You should speak to them clearly and express your concern so that next time they pay more attention to it.
However it's not too alarming but there can be several possibilities like non-infective simple cyst to even hydatid cyst, management differs from type to type.
So to know the nature of the cyst is important, for that some blood tests and probably a FNAC (Fine needle aspiration of the content for cytopathological ) examination is required.
The most important part is not the gradual increase in size but the fact that it's not yet infected(most likely since you don't have symptoms like Fever, loose motion, severe abdominal pain etc.) Which if happens will land you in to emergency situation.
So it's justified enough to get evaluated before hand and not to wait for any of such emergency situation to happen.
My advice would be to fix an appointment with a General or Hepato-biliary or Mass & GI Surgeon(whoever available) and get evaluated at the earliest.
Let me know if there's any doubts in this regard.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for liver cysts
- Suggest treatment for liver cyst
- Treatment and cure for filled liver cysts
- Treatment and cure for asymptomatic liver cysts
- Treatment and cure for cortical liver cyst
- Treatment and cure for hydatid liver cyst
- Treatment and cure for complicated liver cyst
- Treatment and cure for benign liver cyst
- Treatment and cure for anechotic liver cyst
- Treatment and cure for neoplastic liver cysts